When your baby is 1 week old, and she has her 1st MRI and the results aren’t what you thought you would ever hear, let alone something you never want to hear……Veronika has an injury to her brain from the bleed she had before she was born, and we believe that it will affect her movement down the left side of her body, and she will most likely never walk….

I guess at that point in you make a decision, one of two possible options i guess. You either think ‘oh well, if that’s how its gonna be, why bother,’ OR ‘Yes she will walk, and we will come back in when she does and say I TOLD YOU SO’.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Woohoo for concrete


What a fabulous couple of weeks we have had……we finally have plans back from council, approved and ready for us to start building Veronika’s Hydrotherapy room. It has been a very long, slow process…..but I just keep thinking it will all be worth it when it’s finally finished. I guess the one bonus that it has taken so long is that it has given us time to plan better, and do a couple of things we otherwise might not of. One being putting a toilet in the Hydrotherapy room……it may not seem like a big thing, but down the track it will be. I always thought, well I can just carry her back inside to use the bathroom in the house if down the track she isn’t mobile enough to go back inside by herself(that is of course after Veronika is toilet trained!).
When we got the plans back from the Draftsman, it was one of the 1st things I said to my husband…..we need to put a toilet out there……what made you think of that was his reply…well I guess it just dawned on me, that she’s only 13kg now, and I can carry her quite easily, but when she’s 7 if she still isn’t walking, chances are Veronika will weigh a lot more than 13kg, and I had just had a steroid injection in my should because I injured it lifting her. So now the plumbing has been done in the slab, and we are going to have a toilet as well as a shower.

Veronika was sitting inside the sliding door keeping a close eye on the guys doing the concrete. When he was washing down the window, where the concrete had splashed, Veronika was blowing raspberries on the glass.
The wonderful team at JDM Contracting donated the concrete slab. They did even more than I could possibly have imagined. They concreted back to the house, so it will be level to the back door, and along to the sliding door at the dining room. Veronika is very Blessed to have such wonderful people do so much for her. This will enable us to have an outdoor therapy area as well. Well that’s the plan…..
An added bonus that Veronika has a concrete slab is now she has somewhere outside to ride her
skatecar…..which she LOVES

No comments:

Post a Comment