When your baby is 1 week old, and she has her 1st MRI and the results aren’t what you thought you would ever hear, let alone something you never want to hear……Veronika has an injury to her brain from the bleed she had before she was born, and we believe that it will affect her movement down the left side of her body, and she will most likely never walk….

I guess at that point in you make a decision, one of two possible options i guess. You either think ‘oh well, if that’s how its gonna be, why bother,’ OR ‘Yes she will walk, and we will come back in when she does and say I TOLD YOU SO’.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Taboo

What a day....I was privileged to be asked to share with my local MOPS(Mothers of PreSchoolers group).

This is from MOPS Australia webpage....

The theme for MOPS across Australia in 2012 is MumSense: Bold Loving Sensible
The theme Bible verse for the year comes from 2 Timothy 1:7 – God doesn’t want us to be shy with his gifts, but bold, loving and sensible. (The Message)

Developing a mothering strategy is somewhat like playing a game – and this year’s theme is appropriately game related. Have fun being a mum! Playing games involves being bold and taking risks, loving those in the game with us and being sensible while figuring out what works and what doesn’t.

http://mops.org.au/themes/2012-theme

I was asked to speak on the topic of "Taboo"...things that people don't usually talk about, Taboo subjects.
I had written down a little of what I wanted to share about: from miscarriage to some of my journey with Veronika. I just thought instead of writing too much, and risk reading off sheets of paper, I wanted to speak more from the heart....and well from the heart the Mums got, including tears. It's always an amazing experience to be able to share my mothering journey, and some of the Mums in the group I have known for years. So I guess I felt incredibly comfortable, and was able to completely open up, and share some of the raw emotions of the journey we have been on, in particular over the last 4 years with Veronika.

I somehow ended up talking about organ donation, and in particular organ donation of children(as I have met one of the most amazing little boys while on this journey, and somewhere down the track he might need to be the recipient of an organ donation, if he is seen as a suitable candidate to go on the transplant list). Organ donation is something that some people talk about, but something that we all really should discuss with our loved ones. But I had never ever thought about organ donation in respect to children, as well lets face it, that a Taboo subject. I obviously dearly hope and pray that we would never be in the situation where something has happened to one of our children....but.....well you know....

So it has been a pretty emotional day.

We are Blessed to have 3 perfect children, Jordan, Jakob and Veronika....

and I love them all to the moon and back...

No comments:

Post a Comment