When your baby is 1 week old, and she has her 1st MRI and the results aren’t what you thought you would ever hear, let alone something you never want to hear……Veronika has an injury to her brain from the bleed she had before she was born, and we believe that it will affect her movement down the left side of her body, and she will most likely never walk….

I guess at that point in you make a decision, one of two possible options i guess. You either think ‘oh well, if that’s how its gonna be, why bother,’ OR ‘Yes she will walk, and we will come back in when she does and say I TOLD YOU SO’.

Monday, April 16, 2012

...as fast as she crashes, she recovers...


Friday morning Veronika woke up crying….she never does this. I got her dressed and we came out to the lounge room and I put her on the couch while I went to get her milk….she grizzled the whole time I was getting her milk ready, and then when I gave her milk to her, she was sick….the kind of sick that usually is the start of a chest infection…..

So I cleaned her and the couch up, and put her down again to make her brothers breakie, she continued to grizzle the whole time, and when I went to pick her up after making Jakob’s breakie, she had a mouth full of blood, I am still not sure if she vomited blood, or if she cut her mouth somehow….

So a trip to our awesome GP was in order. She couldn’t see anything that would be causing her to be unwell, so she gave us a script for antibiotic, just incase we needed it over the weekend. For the next 2 days I wrote down everything thing she drank, and her temperature when I took it, and when I gave her panadol….because I am one of those Mothers, that does this just incase we end needing an ambulance, a trip to the emergency department……you see the Doctors in resus seem to really appreciate if its all written down, and you can give it to them to read, instead of trying to remember….yes I am one of those mothers.

Saturday she was not better, but no worse….



Veronika having a swing with her frog



It was about this point that I thought I might be making a trip to our ED to rehydrate Veronika, as she had hardly drunk anything for 2 days….


Sunday was a new day, and Veronika woke up a whole lot happier….and by Monday I would say she was pretty much back to health. I find it amazing how fast Veronika crashes…..she seems to recover just as fast. Yay, we didnt need to make a quick trip to the Emergency department *touch wood*


And to leave you with a photo my friend Lucie put together for me last week

No comments:

Post a Comment