When your baby is 1 week old, and she has her 1st MRI and the results aren’t what you thought you would ever hear, let alone something you never want to hear……Veronika has an injury to her brain from the bleed she had before she was born, and we believe that it will affect her movement down the left side of her body, and she will most likely never walk….

I guess at that point in you make a decision, one of two possible options i guess. You either think ‘oh well, if that’s how its gonna be, why bother,’ OR ‘Yes she will walk, and we will come back in when she does and say I TOLD YOU SO’.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Frustrated much....

Yep I am…..today I am finally at the end of my tether with the system.

I believe my baby girl needs a 10-12 week block of weekly speech therapy.

Why…..

She basically doesn’t eat…… Dont get me wrong. She eats crackers and biscuits, drinks her prescription formula from a bottle because she can’t manage to drink from anything else. She eats about 2 tablespoons of yoghurt for breakfast(that’s as much as she will eat), but she isn’t really meant to have that as she is intolerant to dairy.

 

There she is with her new bowl and spoon, just got to get her to hold it properly!

and she doesn’t talk….well she says ‘Mum’ and ‘No’.  She has a few other words, but no one else knows what she is trying to say. So you could say I am her interpreter, not that I mind as I do love her to the moon and back…and she uses Auslan, but because she has hemiplegia she has her own way of signing because she can’t use both hands, so until you know how she ‘says’ things in Auslan, then you don’t really know what she ‘s signing, that’s if you even know Auslan to start with….

but seriously how hard does it need to be to get what she needs……

Miss V deserves better therapy….or at least some therapy would be nice…..

No comments:

Post a Comment