When your baby is 1 week old, and she has her 1st MRI and the results aren’t what you thought you would ever hear, let alone something you never want to hear……Veronika has an injury to her brain from the bleed she had before she was born, and we believe that it will affect her movement down the left side of her body, and she will most likely never walk….

I guess at that point in you make a decision, one of two possible options i guess. You either think ‘oh well, if that’s how its gonna be, why bother,’ OR ‘Yes she will walk, and we will come back in when she does and say I TOLD YOU SO’.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Veronika continues to amaze me...




This week Veronika has completely blown me away. Veronika had an appointment with Alison her OT. Alison fitted a hand splint to Veronika’s left hand, the hand that she could barely use for anything…..we were sitting at the table to do some work with Veronika on her fine motor skills….Alison fitted the splint(after she cut it down because Veronika’s hands are so little) and then we played with one of the toys where she had to put the little men into the block.

We were both completely amazed at what happen next…

In fact Alison had to go and get the video to record it….

Remember Veronika can barely use her left hand for anything, it is not functional by any stretch of the imagination….this is what happened



This may just be one of my Proudest Mummy Moments yet…

I still can’t believe how Veronika managed the new skill within a few seconds of wearing the hand splint. I also must apologise to everyone that I have made watch the video over the last few days…
actually I’m not going to apologise for something I am so proud of….



I have done a little without the hand splint, then with the hand splint video…Veronika can reach further and higher with the hand splint on, and her releasing the object is just so much more fluent….

No comments:

Post a Comment