When your baby is 1 week old, and she has her 1st MRI and the results aren’t what you thought you would ever hear, let alone something you never want to hear……Veronika has an injury to her brain from the bleed she had before she was born, and we believe that it will affect her movement down the left side of her body, and she will most likely never walk….

I guess at that point in you make a decision, one of two possible options i guess. You either think ‘oh well, if that’s how its gonna be, why bother,’ OR ‘Yes she will walk, and we will come back in when she does and say I TOLD YOU SO’.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY

Well its been 3 months since I first Bloged that I wanted to get Veronika a Hydrotherapy spa so she could defy her doctors that said after her 1st MRI of her brain at age 1 week, "she will most likely be limp down the left side of her body, and will most likely never walk."
Tomorrow is the big day. Veronika Will Walk......1pm Childrens Event.....7pm Adult Show and Auction. I have just checked on the tally raised so far and its a huge $8073.83  I can't wait for tomorrow. It's going to be amazing. I can't wait to meet all the people who are donating their time to perform and help run the day.
Most importantly I need to say a huge THANKYOU to Sallyanne McShane and Bob Buchanan, for putting Veronika Will Walk together. You are both truely amazing people, I dont think I have met anyone else as giving of themselves. Sally I only met last July, when Willow and Veronika shared a room in hospital, and Bob I only met 3 months ago, when he offered to help Veronika. Thankyou somehow doesnt seem enough.....

No comments:

Post a Comment