When your baby is 1 week old, and she has her 1st MRI and the results aren’t what you thought you would ever hear, let alone something you never want to hear……Veronika has an injury to her brain from the bleed she had before she was born, and we believe that it will affect her movement down the left side of her body, and she will most likely never walk….

I guess at that point in you make a decision, one of two possible options i guess. You either think ‘oh well, if that’s how its gonna be, why bother,’ OR ‘Yes she will walk, and we will come back in when she does and say I TOLD YOU SO’.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Birthday and A Flower Girl

This was my face book status Friday night

"this time 3 years ago, I was waiting to be induced, as the stress of Veronika's stroke, pre birth was too much to cope with, and I hadn't really slept for 3 weeks since it was picked up.....praying for the best possible outcome as we were told she may not survive her birth.....3 years have passed and we are so Blessed to have the most amazing, inspiring, brave, strong little girl a parent could wish for....... She is absolutely perfect and I cant wait to celebrate her 3rd Birthday tomorrow....I love my Baby girl to the moon and back...."

I can't believe Veronika is actually 3. Its gone so fast, yet at the same time it seems like forever we have had her in our family. She is just so precious......


Anyway, I thought I would be really lazy as we were going to Queenstown for my friend Sue's Wedding. She asked Veronika to be a Flower Girl. So I decided to go to the health food shop to get a 'packet cake'(I know that's pathetic, but I don't have time to bake when I have to go away for the weekend, so I thought I could make it tomorrow and have a Birthday Tea tomorrow night). SO anyway, i found one that's gluten, wheat, dairy, egg, and soy free.....yeah for me, something Veronika can have.....so I turn to box over and you need to add 2 eggs to it! Grrrr, why would you manufacture a product egg free, that you need to add egg to. So I asked the sales assistant about it and she said to use the egg re placer. I told her I have tried that before and it constipated Veronika even more than usual, as basically its a binding agent, and yep it bound her up! She did suggest however that you can grind up linseed's and water to use as an eggs replacement. Will see how it goes when I try tomorrow.


SO yesterday, on Veronika's 3rd Birthday we set off early to Queenstown. I called the Roadhouse halfway there to see if the road was open due to snow. He said there was a good 6 inches on the road, so we decided to set off and hope some of it would melt before we got there! And yes a lot of snow there was!!!



So we finally made it to Queenstown, after 4 and half hours of driving(over an hour of that was thru snow, it was so pretty). Then we checked into the hotel and I took Veronika off to Sue's to get ready.








Then off the the Queenstown Railway for the Wedding. It was such a beautiful setting for a lovely wedding. We were inside the Station, with the Steam Engine in the background.


 After the Wedding Ceremony, we were treated to a ride on the Railways, Steam Engine and all. It was fantastic. Veronika loved it(so did Jordan, and Jakob after we convinced Jakob it was going to be fun, my little thrill seeker was worried!)




It was a fantastic day, Veronika and Natalie(Sues daughter) were the cutest little flower girls ever. This morning after breakie we set off home, and the boys were disappointed there was hardly any snow, but we did manage to find a little bit for them to have a quick snow fight with Daddy!


So for the week ahead, Veronika sees her Occupational Therapist tomorrow morning, and Tuesday she is having a MRI of her brain to see if there are any changes to the area of her brain injury, as well as a hearing test while she is under the anaesthetic. After that I cant remember off the top of my head what we have planned for the rest of the week, I need to get over Tuesday 1st.....

No comments:

Post a Comment