When your baby is 1 week old, and she has her 1st MRI and the results aren’t what you thought you would ever hear, let alone something you never want to hear……Veronika has an injury to her brain from the bleed she had before she was born, and we believe that it will affect her movement down the left side of her body, and she will most likely never walk….

I guess at that point in you make a decision, one of two possible options i guess. You either think ‘oh well, if that’s how its gonna be, why bother,’ OR ‘Yes she will walk, and we will come back in when she does and say I TOLD YOU SO’.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Veronika Will Walk...

Monday we had the first of the tickets printed for Veronika Will Walk shows for May 28th.Yesterday was even better.....we sold the 1st two tickets to the Children's Show for 1pm, May 28th 2011.

Its so very exciting, and I can now actually see things coming together. 6 weeks ago, I gave myself 6 months to reach $6500, and now i think it is actually achievable, mostly due to Sally and Bob's idea for the major Gala events. So far, after the fundraising BBQ, some donations from people wanting to contribute to VWW, and selling Tasmania Entertainment Books I have banked just over $1000 into Veronika Will Walk Fundraising Account.

The other exciting thing this week, was I emailed our local council to find out what I needed to do next, and who I needed to talk to about planing for the concrete slab, after JDM Contracting contacted Sally thru Veronika Will Walk Face book page. JDM Contracting are kindly donating the concrete slab for Veronika's Hydrotherapy Spa to go on. SO I wanted to find out what to do next. The reply email from the council, along with the Lady's name and phone number I need to speak with about planning, said that at the March Council Meeting they agreed to waive the fees for planning and building, saving us around $1300. They discussed this after they contacted us after seeing a story on Veronika in the Mercury, when we were interviewed about the NDIS.SO Thankyou to Brighton Council, Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou.....

The other thing I have done this week is to set up a donate button on this blog. I have had people saying they want to donate to VWW, or they want to attend the May 28th Events, but they are going to be away. So I decided that maybe it was about time to do something that I am really not good at doing, possibly not even comfortable with, but its for Veronika, and I would do anything for her. So there it is......a donate button. The other thing I thought it would be useful for is people can purchase their tickets for the Gala events happening on May 28th, and then when we see people we can give them their tickets, or they can be posted out to them. Just have to make sure that we can reference where the 'donation' came from, so we can track of who the tickets belong to.....

No comments:

Post a Comment