When your baby is 1 week old, and she has her 1st MRI and the results aren’t what you thought you would ever hear, let alone something you never want to hear……Veronika has an injury to her brain from the bleed she had before she was born, and we believe that it will affect her movement down the left side of her body, and she will most likely never walk….

I guess at that point in you make a decision, one of two possible options i guess. You either think ‘oh well, if that’s how its gonna be, why bother,’ OR ‘Yes she will walk, and we will come back in when she does and say I TOLD YOU SO’.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Back to the normal routine.....

Well our boys Jordan 8 and Jakob 6, have been back at school for 2 weeks, which means that Veronika and I have gotten back into the swing of the usual 4-5 Doctors/Allied Health Appointments a week. I try to slow it down over the school holidays as much as I can, so I don't have to drag the boys to all Veronika's appointments! Don't get me wrong, we still have 2-3 a week, but its so hard for them to stay quiet, maybe a combination of being boys and its not all about them while I am talking to the Doc/allied health person, so they tend to misbehave a little.

Two weeks ago we went to the foot orthoptist and got Veronika's foot orthotic for her right(good) foot. As when she is standing at the couch her right ankle is collapsing. Her left foot has had an AFO(ankle and foot orthotic) for around 6 months and it is really helping keep her foot in the right position. Well  I have found it really hard to get the foot orthotic over her right foot, as it seemed really tight, and to get it on correctly was a 2 person effort. So when we saw the foot orthpotist today, she agreed, and went off to heat it up and stretch it. Then she came back, put it on her foot again, had a look and went off to heat it up and stretched it again, and then cut a bit off. When she came back she had a look at it, and said, "you know what, I think I am just going to start again, I just had a look and I still have her plaster cast." I was slightly relieved to know that it wasn't just me that couldn't get it on to Veronika's foot. So we will be going back in 2 weeks to get a new foot orthotic!

No comments:

Post a Comment