When your baby is 1 week old, and she has her 1st MRI and the results aren’t what you thought you would ever hear, let alone something you never want to hear……Veronika has an injury to her brain from the bleed she had before she was born, and we believe that it will affect her movement down the left side of her body, and she will most likely never walk….

I guess at that point in you make a decision, one of two possible options i guess. You either think ‘oh well, if that’s how its gonna be, why bother,’ OR ‘Yes she will walk, and we will come back in when she does and say I TOLD YOU SO’.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

I love school holidays, especially the Christmas ones.

I love school holidays, especially the Christmas ones.

I love not having to rush every morning, trying to get Veronika to drink her formula and eat her breakfast, so we can get her brothers to school on time, but one of the things that I love most of all is that her therapists have a couple of weeks of over Christmas and the New Year, the bonus for me, we don’t have to rush around to Veronika’s therapy appointments, well not for 2 weeks anyway!

But

Tomorrow is a new week, from tomorrow my diary is looking ‘busy’ again. We have at least one appointment every day this week, and then I go to work Friday.

So

Its been a nice quieter couple of weeks…..lazy mornings with the family and not rushing, but tomorrow we will be back to our 'normal' routine....starting at 10am with the OT!

No comments:

Post a Comment