When your baby is 1 week old, and she has her 1st MRI and the results aren’t what you thought you would ever hear, let alone something you never want to hear……Veronika has an injury to her brain from the bleed she had before she was born, and we believe that it will affect her movement down the left side of her body, and she will most likely never walk….

I guess at that point in you make a decision, one of two possible options i guess. You either think ‘oh well, if that’s how its gonna be, why bother,’ OR ‘Yes she will walk, and we will come back in when she does and say I TOLD YOU SO’.

Monday, June 13, 2011

I love school holidays

Another week has passed. The school holidays are flying by so fast. I am enjoying not getting up at 6am every day! I have been having a sleep in to around 7am and some days if Veronika isn't awake its 7:30, as she is usually the 1st of my 3 children to wake.

Jordan and Jakob had an "out of this world" time on Monday and Tuesday at the School Holiday program at Howrah Church of Christ, was Mission Impossible Out of Space Theme. Veronika and I had a lovely time running around doing jobs while they were there. But we did however get a chance to have a coffee with Selina, one of my MyTime Mummy Friends.

Thursday we went to see our Friends in New Norfolk. We were going to have a play and BBQ at the Stop and Go park(Tynwald Park) as the boys call it, but it had been raining all week so we went to Toni and Leigh's instead.

Then Friday, was work day. After work Veronika and I(with Jordan as well) went to see Veronika's Physio as she had Veronika's new Pram for her. Veronika loved Jordan pushing her around the St Giles reception while I was talking to her Physio. Lets just say there were squeals of delight from her. Veronika's Physio also told me the news that our next appointment on 23rd June will be the last one with her for quite a while. She is taking her long service over 6 months! I am really happy for her, as she works pretty dam hard. But at the same time I feel a bit sad, as she has been working with Veronika since she was about 9 weeks old. She knows where we have come from, and the amazing milestones she has reached. She has been through some really tough times supporting Veronika and I, the highs and the lows. I am of course Blessed that there have been so many more highs than lows. I know that we will be passed over to another great Physio, who would of course had the opportunity to review Veronika's file. And I also know that its always a benefit to see a new therapist, but still Veronika's Physio has a good idea of what makes me tick too, to get the best out of Veronika. It's a challenge I look forward to meeting someone new, and I am sure her Physio will be surprised when she comes back from her long service leave.

Saturday, I spent some of the morning with Mark, Charlie and Amber, Karina's Brother and his children, and Kaz(one of Karina's best friends) and her daughter as we said a final goodbye to Karina. We went for a walk along the Jordan River, a place that they loved to walk or ride to as a family. It was a lovely morning, emotional of course, but I know that we have a Beautiful Angel looking watching over us. It was heartbreaking when Charlie, who is 2, was telling me that "Mummy's Gone".  I said to him that Yes she was, but that I promised that as he grows up I will tell him and Amber(who is 1) all about Karina and the Beautiful person she was, how much she loved them and one of the Best Friends a person could have, and Kaz of course said she would too.

I didn't have as many appointments for Veronika this week, as I try not to in school holidays as it's hard on Jordan and Jakob. So there isn't a real lot to report back! However her crawling has improved so much, my little roller has not rolled for a week, which strangely I miss, but at the same time am so Happy that she is properly crawling, and getting faster and stronger every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment