When your baby is 1 week old, and she has her 1st MRI and the results aren’t what you thought you would ever hear, let alone something you never want to hear……Veronika has an injury to her brain from the bleed she had before she was born, and we believe that it will affect her movement down the left side of her body, and she will most likely never walk….

I guess at that point in you make a decision, one of two possible options i guess. You either think ‘oh well, if that’s how its gonna be, why bother,’ OR ‘Yes she will walk, and we will come back in when she does and say I TOLD YOU SO’.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What other People Say About Veronika

Last year I came across a resource called
"What I'd Like You to Know About Me" or "About Me" for short. I was offered to opportunity to create one for Veronika. Its a web based resource for disabled people, that I can put as much or as little information on as I want. It covers a variety of information from medical, to communication, information you need to know about Veronika when she is in hospital, to people who support Veronika on her Journey. I have found it such a positive thing for me personally to do, as it focuses on what Veronika CAN DO. Some much 'stuff' about disabled children is negative, what they will never be able to do. Lets focus on the positive, the biggest is that she should not of survived being born, now that's pretty impressive. After been told that nothing much else really matters, well I know it does, but I am much happier to have 'issues' to deal with. After all that's much better than not having her at all. Wouldn't you agree?
 One of the pages for Veronika's 'About Me' is 'What other People Say About Me'. Well I procrastinated over this for a while. My friends, family and people I meet tell me how adorable Veronika is all the time, to which I now reply "I know" and "Thank you". So I decided to take the step and asked my friends on facebook, to leave a message about what they think of her. I had put it out there and left it up to them. Well a couple of days later when I got a chance to look, I was surprised, speechless, over joyed. My friends were taking the time to respond. I guess I felt that people do really care about us, it was really reassuring to know that  people have come to LOVE Veronika for being herself. That those who care about her, see Veronika first, the little girl. NOT a child with Down Syndrome called Veronika, or a child with Cerebral Palsy called Veronika, but Veronika, the sweet, amazing, strong, blonde haired beauty she is.
 So here are some of the responses,

Michelle: There's so much to write. She is the most adorable little girl that i have ever had the pleasure in meeting. She has so much strength, courage and determination which she gets from her beautiful family who are always taking her to all of her appointments and it shows because that gorgeous girl is going from strength to strength. Have never known anyone that can move as well as she can, oh and that smile of hers is so contagious. Every time i see a photo of her it makes me smile as she just has this beauty that makes me so happy, happy that she is a part of my life. The camera loves her and she has a natural presence in front of the camera too. She absolutely loves her family, you can tell by the way she looks and interacts with them. I think she is the luckiest little girl in the whole wide world as she has the most beautiful, caring and loving family anyone could ever ask for, just as lucky as they are to have her in their lives.
Kylee you are an amazing mum and a wonderful friend. Not only do you do so much for your family,taking Veronika to endless appointments, getting the kids to school, parent help, swimming lessons, helping the boys with their homework and reading and doing the housework you still always have time for your friends. I am so thankful that i have you, Marcus, Jordan, Jakob and Veronika as my friends.

Denise:  Couldn't get a more relaxed ,easy going little girl, and always has a smile, would brighten up anyones day, oh and forgot love her too bits, and her mums not too bad either xxxxs.

Toni: She can do anything - just like her mummy XX

Katie: She seems to know how loved she is... Well who could resist that cheeky smile? And talk about clever... Nothing will be so hard that she can't find her way round the problem eventually :-)

Danielle: When Veronika looks at me I get the distinct impression that she knows something I don't. It's very calming, like she's saying "It's all going to be okay" about life in general. I know how ridiculous that sounds!!

Zonia: Well when u look at her and she smiles at you, you just melt. Cheeky comes to mind too.

Kylie:  She is the bravest, most loving person i know x

Selina: That she is a precious little angel who brings joy to anyone who is fortunate enough to meet her xx

Sam: I'd like to say that when I look into her eyes all i see is a beautiful, confident, and exceptional little girl. My only wish is that everybody can see that before anything else.

Juanita:  Veronika has the face of an angel, the heart of God and the spirit of a fighter...

Megan:  V is here to change the ways of this world, and she is not going anywhere until she has done so.

Rebecca: For me Veronika sees your heart first, she has an instinct/intuition that is beyond her years!! I always feel like the sun just shone on my face when she engages you...

Kelly: She is the most beautiful (and cheeky) princess who lights up the life of anyone who meets her

And Yes I am crying all over again after re reading the responses........

1 comment:

  1. thanks for another great update of your blog. i hope you realise that she is loved, as you all are, by so many people. we are blessed to be on this jouney with veronika.

    ReplyDelete